Hills Cd Cat Food Alternative In : 3 Brands That Is Comparable
Looking for some Hills CD Cat food alternative? We got you covered.
Crystal formation in the cats urinary tract is one of the most common issues cat owners have to deal with, with their cats.
A lot of our furballs at one point experience severe urinary tract problems that sometimes run for too long leaving them with prolonged discomfort.
Thus, the formulation of special diets like Hills C/D Cat Foods. Such types of cat food are mainstay treatments for feline urinary tract problems.
However, the most common feedback you will hear from Hills C/D cat foods, is not about the foods performance, rather, how expensive it can be compared to most brands.
In this write-up, we will provide you with some of the cat food alternatives that work as good as Hills C/D cat food that wont break your bank.
Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline
OR YOUR MONEY BACK If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Weight + Urinary CareJust like the human epidemic, over 55% of the cat population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet’s quality of life and its relationship with family members because that extra weight may: reduce play time, put your cat at risk of urinary conditions like bladder stones, and negatively affect the lifelong general health of your cat. Stress has also been shown to negatively impact bladder health as well.Hill’s nutritionists & veterinarians developed HillTM Prescription DietTM Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage your cat’s weight and urinary health. In fact, the nutrition in Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline has been shown to reduce the recurrence rate of the most common urinary signs by 89% AND to reduce body weight by 11% in 60 days and contains ingredients to help manage stress.
How it works:
- A synergistic blend of ingredients
- Controlled levels of magnesium, calcium & phosphorus
- Unique fibre blend from fruits and vegetables Contains ingredients to help manage stress
How it helps:
Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline provides the nutrition your cat needs during weight loss and maintenance while improving urinary health and managing stress.
Formulated to help
|7/8 cup||1 3/8 cups|
Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic + Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food
Veterinary Authorization Required
Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pets quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, put your cat at risk of urinary conditions like bladder stones and affect the lifelong general health of your cat.
Read Also: Can Dogs Have Cinnamon Toast
Hills Prescription Diet C/d Multicare Urinary Care With Chicken Dry Cat Food
- Hills Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food is specially formulated by Hills nutritionists and veterinarians to support a cats urinary health.
- Clinically tested to lower the recurrence rate of most common urinary signs by 89%
- Dissolves struvite stones in as little as 7 days and promotes desirable urine pH levels.
- Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Recommended for lifelong feeding of adult cats
Hills Prescription Diet C/d + Metabolic
- Hills Prescription Diet c/d Multicare + Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food is specially formulated by Hills nutritionists and veterinarians to support your cats urinary health and weight.
- Nutrition clinically tested to reduce the most common urinary signs by 89% combined with nutrition proven to reduce weight by 11% in 60 days.
- Formulated to dissolve struvite stones in cats in as little as 7 days
- Unique fiber blend from fruits and vegetables helps your cat feel full and satisfied between meals
- Hills Prescription Diet is the #1 US Vet Recommended therapeutic pet food consult with your vet to make sure Prescription Diet c/d Multicare + Metabolic is the right food for your cat.
Recommended Reading: How Does Cat Age Work
Best For Senior Cats: Blue Buffalo W+u Weight Management + Urinary Care Wet Food
Key Ingredients: Chicken, chicken broth and liver, pea protein, potatoes, whitefish, carrots, cranberries | Calories per Serving: 68 | Balance: Crude Protein min. 8.5%, Crude Fat min. 2.5%, Crude Fiber max. 4%, Moisture max. 78% | Life Stage: Adult, senior | Texture: Paté
Manages two problems with one food
Obesity can be a problem for senior kitties who become less active as they age, especially for indoor only cats and those with health problems that sap their energy or reduce their mobility. Since some urinary problems are more common in senior, overweight and/or obese cats, it makes sense to consider a food that provides ideal levels of fat, calories, and fiber to help your cat manage its weight as well as controlled mineral levels to keep urine pH lower to prevent crystal and stone formation.
Blue Buffalo W+U Weight Management and Urinary Care canned wet food is an excellent choice carried by many veterinarians. With chicken as the first ingredient, this food also has added plant fiber in the form of powdered cellulose so your cat will feel fuller despite being a lower calorie food. Levels of magnesium and sodium are controlled to promote balanced urinary pH.
Blue Buffalo reports that its science-based formulas are developed by a team of PhD animal nutritionists, food scientists, and veterinarians.
Hill’s Prescription Diet C/d Multicare + Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food
$48.99 FREE 1-3 dayShipping over $49
Simply select Autoship at checkoutfor easy regular deliveries.
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments – cancel Autoship anytime.
This item requires vet authorization.
Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.
You May Like: Cat Age Compared To Humans
Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health Formula
- The specialized recipe is made with real salmon provides exceptional taste your cats will love.
- Fortified with 25 key vitamins and minerals necessary to promote a balanced diet whether served alone or as delicious toppings on the kibble.
- It helps keep the urinary tract healthy by cutting urinary PH while providing low dietary magnesium.
- Additional care for a healthy immune system
The name Purina already speaks volumes about the quality of the food they formulate for cats . A household name, they are well respected and loved by pet owners globally.
This company offers Purina Pro Plan FOCUS range a series of cat food that targets specific health problems in cats.
One of which is their Urinary Tract Health Formula. This cat food is specially formulated to aid in maintaining your felines urinary health.
It manages by reducing urinary PH and offering low dietary magnesium. Not only is it beneficial for urinary tract health it also cares for skin and coat for good health inside and out.
- Moisture: 78.0% max
Hills Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline Key Benefits:
- Reducing FLUTDs: Hills Metabolic Urinary cat food helps to create an unfavorable environment for the formation of struvite and calcium oxalate crystals. It also helps to dissolve these stones, reducing the recurrence of FLUTD in your cat.
- Stress control: this metabolic cat food formula contains L-tryptophan and milk protein hydrolyzate to help control stress in cats, which is a known risk factor for FIC.
- Weight management: the unique formula of Hills Metabolic feline + Urinary Stress helps to reduce body weight by 11% in 60 days. This complete food helps your feline feel full and satisfied in between meals and for a longer time. It blends naturally with your cats unique energy use and activates the body’s natural ability to burn excess body fat. As such, it will help them to lose weight and prevent weight regain.
- Tasty kibble: The Hills Metabolic cat food will stop your cats begging behavior, but at the same time, they will love eating it thanks to its delicious taste.
- Antioxidants against obesity: This Hills Prescription Diet Feline Metabolic Urinary Stress food contains important antioxidants that help to break the inflammatory cycle associated with obesity.
Important: Always talk to your vet before feeding Hills Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline to your cat, and follow their recommendations.
Hills Metabolic Urinary Stress cat food is available in the following options:
- 1.5 kg
You May Like: How Many Years Is Cat Years
Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease
FLUTD is a disorder classified by stones forming in the urinary tract, causing pain in cats. The two most common types of urinary tract stones are struvite and oxalate. Hill’s – Prescription Diet – Feline – c/d Urinary Stress + Metabolic – Wet food is specially formulated for the treatment and prevention of struvite-related FLUTD. Struvite stones form as a reaction to urine that is saturated with magnesium, ammonium and phosphorous, combined with alkaline urine- pH.
Keep Your Cat’s Urinary Issues At Bay
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the bestproducts youcan learn more about ourreview process here.We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
The Spruce / Sabrina Jiang
Many house cats struggle with a variety of conditions that affect their bladder and/or urethra, broadly known as urinary tract health. This can present as difficulty and pain when urinating, increased frequency of urination and/or blood in the urine. Cats may urinate outside the litter box, in corners, a sink, or a bathtub. While these issues can occur at any age, it is often seen in middle-aged, overweight cats that dont get enough exercise.
A cats diet can contribute to urinary pH imbalance or help improve it. Diets can vary in how they support urinary tract health, but its important to look for restricted amounts of minerals, such as magnesium and phosphorus, which can contribute to the development of urinary crystal and stone formation, explains Dr. Danielle Bernal, Global Veterinarian with Wellness Natural Pet Food. The crystals cause painful urination and the stones are painful to pass. They may cause urinary tract infections, blockages, or kidney problems.
Below are a few of the best urinary tract health cat foods available today.
Chicken is the first ingredient
Includes digestive support ingredients
Read Also: Cat Years And Human Years
Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food
- Made with real chicken and a taste cats love
- Helps maintain urinary tract health by reducing urinary pH and providing low dietary magnesium
- Linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid, helps support healthy skin and a lustrous coat
- FOCUS Urinary Tract Health Chicken & Rice Formula has a new look and product name coming soon.
Hills Prescription Diet C/d Multicare Feline Stress
Hills Pet has been a household name for pet owners who want to give the best to their pets.
Inspired by a guard dog, Hills Diet story dates back 1930s with a young blind man touring the country with a guide dog.
The sad part was, the guide dog was suffering from kidney failure and the blind man sought help from Dr. Mark Morris a visionary in the area of clinical nutrition.
In an instant, he believed that what was causing the guide dogs poor health was from poor nutrition.
From the 1930s up to the present day, Dr. Morris, his wife, and his group of experts have formulated countless diet programs for both cats and dogs.
These formulations have been the basis used today be the Association of American Feed Control Officials .
One of their formulations is the Hills Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress. This cat food has been prepared to target excess minerals that encourage the formation of crystals in the cats urine, that in the long run lead to the creation of bladder stones.
This cat food has been specially formulated not just to support your cats urinary health but to manage the stress that comes along with it.
Hills Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Stress is clinically tested and has proven to reduce the recurrence of most common urinary signs by 89%.
Also Check: What Are Cat Years In Human Years
What To Consider In A Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health
Plan to carefully read labels when deciding which brand is right for your cat. First, pet parents should work with their veterinarian on what their cat specifically needs, says Dr. Bernal. A veterinarian will be able to provide the key attributes that the cat parent should look for to support their cats urinary tract health.
Hills Science Diet Dry Cat Food
- Cat food that supports the entire urinary system with optimal levels of magnesium
- A good source of natural fiber to help comfortably reduce hairballs in cats
- Supports healthy skin and coat with omega 6s and vitamin e
- High quality protein to help your cat maintain muscle
- Made with natural ingredients
- Made in the USA with global ingredients you can trust
- 1 veterinarian recommended
- A Time Tested, Nutrient Dense Natural Cat Food.
- Fresh, Whole Ingredients, Plus A Comprehensive Spectrum And High Levels Of Micronutrients/Nutraceuticals Including Prebiotics, Probiotics, Enzymes, Omega-3S, Antioxidants And More.
- 42% Protein And 15% Fat.
- Very Palatable And Formulated For Urinary Health. Suitable For All Cat Breeds And Life Stages
- Wysong Has Been A Leader In Pet Nutrition Since 1979
Also Check: Is Haws Syndrome Contagious To Other Cats
Comparison Chart Of Top 10 Dry Cat Food For Urinary Health
|Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet W+U Weight Management + Urinary Care Dry Cat Food||9.8|
|IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food with Chicken Cat Kibble||9.8|
|Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food||9.6|
|Forza10 Active Urinary Dry Cat Food||9.6|
|Purina ONE Urinary Tract Health Formula Adult Premium Cat Food – 16 lb. Bag||9.4|
|Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d + Metabolic||9|
|Wellness Complete Health Natural Grain Free Deboned Chicken & Chicken Meal Dry Cat Food||9|
|Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food||8.4|
|Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food||8.4|
|Wysong Uretic – Dry Natural Food for Cats||8.2|
Best Variety: Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health Variety Pack Canned Cat Food
Key Ingredients: Varies by flavor | Calories per Serving: 82 to 107 depending on flavor | Texture: Wet, varies | Balance: Varies but most are Crude Protein min. 10.0%, Crude Fat min. 6.5%, Crude Fiber max 0.5%, Moisture max. 78.0% | Life Stage: Adult
Nutritional and flavor diversity for your cat
No prescription needed
Meat by-products are the first ingredient
If your cats digestive system can tolerate more than one type of food, a variety pack is a wonderful way to give them a broader range of flavors and nutrients at the same time.
Purina Pro Plan Focus Classic Urinary Tract Health Formula Adult Wet Cat Food Variety Pack comes as a case of 12, 24, or 36 cans. It can be purchased as four, eight or twelve cans each of three flavorsOcean Whitefish or Beef & Chicken, Chicken, and Turkey and Gibletsor as twelve cans each of two flavorsOcean Whitefish and Salmon.
Each recipe has low dietary magnesium and has been designed to reducing urinary pH. Purina products are also manufactured in the U.S. and are widely available and among the more affordable brands on shelves today.
Key Ingredients: N-Acetyl Glucosamine from shrimp and crab, D-mannose, cranberry extract | Calories per Serving: Not listed| Balance: Not listed | Life Stage: Adult | Texture: Soft chews
Incorporates D-mannose ingredient known to decrease urinary tract infections
Several inactive ingredients
Recommended Reading: Cats Age In Human Years Chart
Royal Canin Urinary So
- Specially formulated for adult cats with urinary health problems
- Softens and breaks down pure struvite stonesHelps prevent calcium oxalate stones
- Dissolves excess minerals that can cause crystals and stones
- RSS methodology is used to help lower ion concentration in urine that adds to stone formation.
Developed to nutritionally support urinary tract and bladder health particularly in adult cats, Royal Canin Urinary SO dissolves excess minerals that can instigate crystals and stones.
This cat food does this by increasing the amount of urine that the cat makes.
Royal Canin Urinary SO promotes a urinary environment that is hostile to problematic crystals such as struvite and calcium oxalate.
It has a reduced level of magnesium that helps in maintaining your cats urinary tract health.
- Contains Taurine that protects your cat from eye and heart disease
- Perfect for all life stages
- Comprises of rosemary extract to fight allergies
- Naturally maintained product free of artificial flavors and by-products
- Helps treat painful urinary tract conditions
Wysongs formula for Uretic offers nutritional developments that are relevant to epigenetics and nutrigenomics.
It contains elevated levels of fresh/frozen meats and organs, sustaining the carnivorous diet of cats.
Packed with the right amount of protein and fat, it also includes a complete package of micro-nutrients and nutraceuticals containing probiotics, prebiotics, omega-3, enzymes, antioxidants, and more.
Best Wet: Hill’s Prescription Diet C/d Multicare Urinary Care With Chicken Canned Cat Food
Key Ingredients: Pork Liver, Carrots, Chicken, Tuna, Wheat Gluten, Rice, Spinach, Corn Starch, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Chicken Fat | Calories per Serving: 82 | Balance: Protein min. 6.5%, Fat min. 3.0%, crude fiber max. 2.0% | Life stage: Adult and senior cats | Texture: Rice sized chunks in a light gravy
Shown to dissolve struvite crystals and prevents new ones
Requires a veterinary prescription
Nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hills Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care wet cat food specifically to support a cat’s urinary health. Hills claims that c/d Multicare was studied and demonstrated to lower the recurrence of most common urinary signs by 89 percent. They also claim that struvite stones have dissolved in some cats in as little as seven days, and on average 27 days, while also reducing the risk of forming struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
The ingredients are recognizable on the label and in the food. Top ingredients include pork liver, carrots, chicken, tuna, rice, spinach, chicken fat and fish oil as a source of omega-3 fatty acids. Also containing important vitamins and minerals, the amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium are controlled to prevent crystal formation. This brand is also available in chicken and vegetable stew flavor.
Long history developing the formula
Not a fit for some cats with sensitive digestive systems
Read Also: Cat Eats Plastic Bags