Why Is Royal Canin Cat Food So Expensive
Many Royal Canin foods are considerably higher-priced than other products with similar ingredient lists. After decades as one of the two brands that are recommended most often by veterinarians, Royal Canin has a reputation that justifies its price.
Its one of the few brands that offer condition-specific products, which makes Royal Canin easy to recommend to frustrated patients and has earned it a place in veterinarian offices around the world. This lends the brand status and respect that goes beyond the veterinary line.
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Digestive Care Cat Food
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Digestive Care Cat Food is made for cats 1-10 years old with a sensitive stomach or digestive tract. If your cat is suffering from decreased stool volume it could be your cat is using more of the nutrients in his food then needed. This formula is made with highly digestible proteins like wheat gluten and soy isolate, along with specially selected fibres to keep their digestion in tip top shape and stool regular.
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Digestive Care Cat Food is also great if your cat is experiencing regurgitation, as this kibble has uniquely designed ring-shaped kibbles that makes your cat slow down their eating habits and chew their food properly. This kibble breaks down easy, making it great for digestion, as well as vomiting. This easy to digest formula has moderate calories, easy to digest proteins, probiotics and innovative fibres, all great for your adult cats digestive health. Made in Ontario, Canada and available in a 3 lb, 6 lb or 14 lb bag.
Royal Canin Digestive Care Adult Dry Cat Food
Some cats have trouble digesting their food which can result in more stool. As well, some cats regurgitate their food when they eat too quickly. Proper nutrition can make digestion easier, and specialized kibble can limit regurgitation for cats with sensitive stomachs. DIGESTIVE CARE is for adult cats from 1 to 10 years old with a sensitive stomach and digestive tract.
Features & benefits:
- -42% STOOL REDUCTION IN JUST 10 DAYSDecreased stool volume is a sign that a cat is using more of the nutrients in his food. With highly digestible proteins like wheat gluten and soy isolate, along with specially selected fibers, including marshmallow root and cellulose, DIGESTIVE CARE formula is proven to decrease stool volume by 42% in just 10 days*.
- LIMITS REGURGITATIONRegurgitation happens when cats eat their food too quickly, without chewing properly. DIGESTIVE CARE formula’s unique ring-shaped kibbles are designed to help your cat to slow down and chew. Once swallowed, the kibble breaks down easily, thereby limiting regurgitation and vomiting.
- EASY TO DIGESTCats with sensitive stomachs can benefit from a moderate-calorie food made with ingredients that are easy to digest. DIGESTIVE CARE formula includes LIP proteins, prebiotics like mannan- and fructo-oligosaccharides, plus an innovative blend of fibres, including psyllium for optimal digestion – all with 3725 kcals/kg to help your cat maintain an ideal weight.
Available Sizes: 6lb. & 14lb.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Cat Ears Headband
Royal Canin Persian Breed Adult Dry Cat Food 7 Lb Bag
- FORMULATED FOR PUREBRED PERSIAN CATS: Royal Canin Persian Adult Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Persian cats 1 year and older
- SKIN AND COAT: Breed-specific nutrients promote skin and coat health, helping to keep a Persians long hair soft and shiny
- HAIRBALL MAINTENANCE: A complex blend of fibers to help cats pass ingested hair and reduce hairball formation
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Highly digestible proteins and prebiotics help maintain healthy digestion
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Unique kibble is designed for the shortened jaw of a Persian cat and encourages chewing to help with oral care
Digestive Care Canned Dog Food
Complete and balanced nutrition for adult and mature dogs with digestive sensitivity
- The benefits
Precisely balanced nutritional formula that helps support a balanced intestinal flora and help promote optimal stool quality.
Poor quality stools can be a sign of digestive sensitivity. An easy-to-digest food can support optimal digestive health, which contributes to your dogs overall health and wellbeing.
Providing healthy & balanced nutrition across both our dry & wet formulas, enabling you to choose the perfect combination for your dog.
- Product description
- Founded by a veterinarian, Royal Canin has over 40 years experience in Health Nutrition. Our work with veterinarians, pet nutritionists, breeders and dog professionals from around the world has provided us with knowledge about the specific nutritional requirements of dogs. This knowledge has allowed us to formulate the precise diet for your dogs special needs.
Read Also: Natures Feast Cat Food Reviews
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Multifunction Renal Support + Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Cat Food 66 Lb
- Helps stimulate appetite in cats and encourage eating with aromatic kibble
- Helps reduce the risk of skin and GI reactions with proteins that are broken down to a size thats less likely to be recognized by the immune system
- Helps compensate for decreased appetite with a highly palatable energy-dense formula to reduce meal volume
- Helps promote kidney function with a precise antioxidant complex, fatty acids from fish oil, low phosphorous, and target protein levels
Royal Canin Digestive Care Dry Cat Food 6 Lb Bag
- FOR CATS WITH SENSITIVE STOMACHS: Royal Canin Digestive Care Dry Cat Food is formulated for cats 1 year and older with sensitive stomachs
- HEALTHY DIGESTION: An optimal blend of prebiotics and dietary fibers promotes digestive health
- OPTIMAL STOOL: This precise diet is proven to be effective after 10 days with over 95% healthy stool quality
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Exclusive ring-shaped kibble encourages slower eating to help support healthy digestion
- MIX WITH WET FOOD: Perfect complement to Royal Canin Digest Sensitive Wet Cat Food formulas
Read Also: Does My Cat Need Shots
Related Climate Pledge Friendly Items
At Royal Canin, we understand that every cat is unique. That’s why lifestyle, sensitivities and age are all crucial considerations when it comes to choosing the right dry or wet cat food for your feline. Only Royal Canin has nutrition for all the stages of your cat’s life.
Cats have around 475 taste buds while dogs have 1,700 and humans have 9,000 approximately. Considering a desirable flavor is important, but it is not the only factor when selecting the right nutritional diet for your cat. Tasty cat food is a combination of the right nutrient balance with a satisfying texture, savory aroma, adapted kibble shape, specific kibble size and desirable flavors.
Royal Canin offers formulas for kittens, adults and seniors in addition to formulas for different lifestyle needs like indoor or spayed/neutered.
Incorporating a combination of dry and wet food can benefit your cat.
Dry: Concentration of nutrients and texture provides brushing effect.
Wet: Moisture content can help support healthy hydration.
Transitioning Your Cat To A New Food
We recommend at least a seven-day transition when starting a new diet.Dogs and especially cats may reject a new food if it is not introduced slowly by transitioning over a period of 7 10 days. To effectively transition your cat to a new formula, we suggest slowly mixing the new food in with the existing food in gradually increasing amounts.
Read Also: What Causes Liver Cancer In Cats
Compare With Similar Items
|4.7 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shippingon orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with||FREE Shippingon orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with|
|23 x 14 x 2.5 inches||13.75 x 3.5 x 21.5 inches||8.25 x 4 x 15.5 inches||8.25 x 4 x 15.5 inches||13.75 x 3.5 x 21.5 inches|
|15 Pound||12 Pound||4 Pound||4 Pound||12 Pound|
4.7 out of 5 stars
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we donât use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
1.0 out of 5 stars
Digestive Care Dry Cat Food
Complete and balanced nutrition for adult cats Formulated to help support healthy digestion
Promotes digestive health with an optimal blend of prebiotics and dietary fibers
Proven effective after 10 days with over 95% healthy stool quality
Exclusive ring-shaped kibble encourages slower eating to help support healthy digestion
Perfect complement to Royal Canin Digest Sensitive wet cat food formulas
- Product description
- Cats can be very good at hiding whats ailing them. However, you can find clues in their litter box. Lots of stinky stools could mean your cat has a sensitive stomach and digestive tract. Sometimes regurgitation can be an indicator that your cat is eating too fast to even digest and absorb the nutrients they need. Regular regurgitation may indicate a more serious issue, and you should consult your veterinarian.Royal Canin Digestive Care dry cat food is made for cats with sensitive stomachs that tend to scarf down and regurgitate their food. The exclusive ring-shaped cat kibble encourages your cat to slow down and chew thoroughly. And highly digestible proteins, including a blend of prebiotics and dietary fibers, help balance the intestinal tract for healthy digestion. This precise diet is proven to be effective after 10 days with over 95% healthy stool quality. Try pairing with Royal Canin Digest Sensitive wet cat food formulas for a meal your cat will love.
Recommended Reading: Is Boiled Chicken Good For Cats
Royal Canin Cat Food Explained
As part of our review process, weve submitted samples to an independent lab. You can see the full report here.
In addition to performing our own qualitative analysis of the brand, we submitted a sample of Royal Canin Indoor Adult Dry Cat Foods for analysis at an ISO 17025 certified food testing and analysis lab. We bought the product at full retail price, and the entire testing process was funded by All About Cats without direct input or influence from the cat food company.
Analytical testing in a food chemistry lab gives us the products exact macronutrient and micronutrient content, painting a clear picture of what youre putting in your cats bowl.
Remember that, when it comes to nutrient content, the cat food label only gives us a guaranteed analysis, which is a set of minimum and maximum valuesnot a description of whats in the food. In reality, the foods nutrient content may be substantially different from what you see on the label.
In addition to the following review of the brand, we hope the information in this lab report empowers you to take a scientific, data-driven approach to deciding whether or not this brand is the right choice for your cat.
How Much Does Royal Canin Cat Food Cost
Your expenses will vary depending which type of Royal Canin food you purchase. In general, however, Royal Canin foods are a bit pricier than others with similar ingredient lists.
For example, Royal Canins popular Urinary SO dry cat food costs about $0.30 per ounce, adding up to a daily feeding cost of around $0.60 per day for an average cat. That places it on the lower end of the premium price spectrum.
The wet version of the same recipeRoyal Canin Veterinary Diet Urinary SO Loaf in Saucecosts $0.40 per ounce and would cost about $3.60 per day if feeding a 10-lb cat.
Moving away from prescription diets, Royal Canins Adult Instinctive Thin Slices in Gravy recipe is, oddly, more expensive than some of the recipes in the Veterinary Diet Line. At over $0.50 per ounce, this food would cost about $4.50 each day if feeding a typical cat.
Read Also: How Long Do You Foster A Cat
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Sensitive Digestion Dry Cat Food
- FOR CATS WITH DIGESTIVE ISSUES: Royal Canin Sensitive Digestion Dry Cat Food is formulated for adult cats with digestive tract sensitivities
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Prebiotics and highly digestible proteins support optimal digestive health
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Unique kibble shapes offer maximum appetite appeal
- OPTIMAL STOOL: A higher concentration of nutrients in a small serving size supports healthy digestion and optimal stool
- COMPLETE AND BALANCED: Dry cat kibble is 100% complete and balanced nutrition and the perfect complement to Royal Canin Digest Sensitive Wet Cat Food formulas
Royal Canin Solutions Based Diets
Royal Canin has developed a range of products formulated to nutritionally support common health concerns. We recognize that every pet is a unique individual with exclusive nutritional needs, which is why we are continuously investing in scientific research and stay at the forefront of nutritional knowledge and innovation.
Also Check: How To Get Feral Cat To Trust You
Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Adult Instinctive Thin Slices In Gravy Canned Cat Food 3 Oz Can
- ADULT CATS 1-7 YEARS: Royal Canin Feline Health Instinctive Thin Slices in Gravy is canned wet cat food for cats 1-7 years old
- PICKY EATERS: An instinctively preferred ratio of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates satisfies even the pickiest eaters
- HEALTH & WELLNESS: Formulated with a precisely balanced blend of vitamins and minerals to maintain optimal cat health and wellness
- HEALTHY DIGESTION: Promotes an ideal weight and healthy digestion for adult cats with an indoor lifestyle
- MIX WITH DRY FOOD: Mix with Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Dry Adult Cat Food formulas for an optimally balanced combination of nutrition
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Digestive Care Adult Dry Cat Food
DIGESTIVE CARE is for adult cats from 1 to 10 years old with a sensitive stomach and digestive tract.
- The benefits
Regurgitation happens when cats eat their food too quickly, without chewing properly. DIGESTIVE CARE formula’s unique ring-shaped kibbles are designed to help your cat to slow down and chew. Once swallowed, the kibble breaks down easily, thereby limiting regurgitation and vomiting.
Cats with sensitive stomachs can benefit from a moderate-calorie food made with ingredients that are easy to digest. DIGESTIVE CARE formula includes LIP proteins, prebiotics like mannan- and fructo-oligosaccharides, plus an innovative blend of fibres, including psyllium for optimal digestion – all with 3725 kcals/kg to help your cat maintain an ideal weight.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Product description
- Some cats have trouble digesting their food which can result in more stool. As well, some cats regurgitate their food when they eat too quickly. Proper nutrition can make digestion easier, and specialized kibble can limit regurgitation for cats with sensitive stomachs.
Recommended Reading: Do Cat Pheromone Diffusers Work
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Cat Food Alternatives Overview
There are many alternatives to Royal Canin gastrointestinal available on the market, including:
- Purina ONE Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula
- Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach
- Hills Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal
- Blue Buffalo True Solutions
While your cats digestive system can benefit from any of these options, its best if you consult your vet about the most suitable one.
Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Cat Food Alternatives
Does your feline friend have a sensitive digestive system? If the answer is yes, the Royal Canin gastrointestinal cat food can be a suitable dry food option for your cat.
However, its not the best option for someone on a budget. Besides, its out of stock most of the time.
More so, some cats dont like its taste, and other cats might still experience digestive problems after switching to it.
So, you might wonder, are there any Royal Canin gastrointestinal cat food alternatives? In todays article, well tell you all you need to know about the available options. Stick around!
Recommended Reading: How Hot Is Too Hot For Cats Indoors
Working Toward A Sustainable Future
Our belief that pets make our world better inspires and gives life to our purpose of making a better A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
Water sufficient for processing, pork by-products, chicken, chicken liver, pork liver, salmon, corn flour, wheat gluten, pork plasma, hydrolyzed chicken liver, powdered cellulose, natural flavors, carrageenan, calcium sulfate, sodium silico aluminate, guar gum, sodium tripolyphosphate, potassium chloride, taurine, choline chloride, vitamins, trace minerals.
This diet contains 774 kcal ME/kg 112 kcal ME/can on an as fed basis .
- Guaranteed Analysis
1 1/4 cans 1 1/2 cans 8.8 lb 1 1/4 cans 1 1/2 cans 2 cans 1 1/2 cans 2 cans 2 1/4 cans 13 lb 1 3/4 cans 2 1/4 cans 2 1/2 cans 15 lb 2 1/2 cans 3 cans 2 1/4 cans 2 3/4 cans 3 1/4 cans 20 lb 2 1/4 cans 3 cans 3 1/2 cans 22 lb
Sensitive Digestion Dry Adult Cat Food
SENSITIVE DIGESTION is for cats from 1 to 7 years of age.
- The benefits
A poorly digested food can contribute to unpleasant stool odours and poor stool quality. SENSITIVE DIGESTION is formulated with low indigestible proteins including wheat gluten . LIPs help increase the protein that is utilized by the body and minimize the indigestible proteins that reach the colon to become fermented by bacteria. This helps reduce stool odour and contributes to optimal stool quality.
Some cats have digestive sensitivity leading to soft stools. SENSITIVE DIGESTION contains an exclusive combination of nutrients to support optimal digestive health and prebiotics for a balanced intestinal flora. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility.
A cat selects its food based on smell, kibble texture and the feeling it gets after consuming the food. SENSITIVE DIGESTION has three distinct kibble shapes and exclusive aromas to help to stimulate the appetite of even the fussiest of cats. This highly palatable formula ensures a cat receives all the nutrients required for optimal health.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Product description
- Three distinct kibble shapes are combined with exclusive aromas to appeal to a cat with a finicky appetite due to a sensitive digestive system.
Recommended Reading: Cat Boarding San Jose Ca